Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Garden Shopping

I think shopping for garden goods is way fun. You get to wander around all the pretty flowers and cute little plants and get to imagine all the future produce you will be enjoying later in the summer!


How is that not fun? Well, Ben did have to lift the bags of manure and load them on the cart... so maybe that wasn't as fun for him. But I think he enjoyed a ride in the pick-up truck and getting to fill it up with manly things.

Don't mind that toilet paper, necessities people.

We grabbed some tomato plant starts and lots of seed packets. Did you know there are purple tomatoes? We grabbed one for fun. How cool is that?


Parsley, cilantro, sweet basil, spinach, green onions and sweet peas. I have done green beans before but  haven't tried sweet peas. I am hoping for some awesome salads with those!


Turns out from the garden last year there is a BIG bunch of mint alive and thriving! 


Also possibly some parsley. Ben is convinced that this little plant is parsley. I refuse to eat it until I know for sure that is what it is. Any master gardeners out there?

What IS that???



Ben might be on his own eating weeds as herbs. I will be keeping my distance till the mystery is solved.

____________________________________

After the fun filled trip I was pretty hungry.

I had a chicken sandwich plate of sorts. Basically a chicken sandwich with 1 piece of bread and more veggies.


I was in the mood for LOTS of pickles. Pickles in the chicken, pickle juice and a few pickles on the side. Overkill? Maybe a little. ;)

Fresh fruit is my favorite snack. So happy for summer time all the new produce!


Pears and strawberries.
___________________________________

After the gardening extravaganza I had a lovely hair client of Julia at Pain Pride & Perseverance! It was so fun to visit with her and get to talk about 2 of my favorite things! HAIR & RUNNING! Seriously can we just talk about running all day? Because I know I totally could. Thanks for a fun visit Julia!

Go visit her blog and you can see her new do!

___________________________________

Are you a huge Kara Goucher fan?  Check out Almost Runner's fabulous giveaway!

___________________________________


Do you know what the heck is growing in my garden that KINDA looks like parsley?
Help  me out before Ben starts cooking things up with possible weeds!

Do you like pickles? Ever crave them? 
Do you prefer sweet or dill???
I think I was wanting that slightly bitter saltiness. I sufficiently got my fix.
Growing up we NEVER had dill pickles in the house, always the sweet ones. Such a shame because dill might be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive