Friday, May 6, 2011

Navy News

We have an OCS (boot camp) date for the Navy!!!

We just got the word today that Ben will start on October 23rd of this year. 

His training will be 3 months long in Rhode Island, during which we will be apart. I will stay here in Utah and Ben will be playing G.I. Joe. 


Rumor on the streets is that a LOT of people have had their OCS dates pushed back pretty far, some not till NEXT fall, so we are thankful that we are getting in this year.

The only stinky part about this? Besides missing my hubby for 3 months???  Is that he will be gone for Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas and New Years.
Ouch.


It will be pretty weird spending the holidays alone without my other half. I am VERY thankful though that during that time I will be surrounded by family. 


So not to be a downer on that, but we are still excited to find out! We can actually start thinking about our future and make plans. Not to mention actually book our vacation now! Yippee!
__________________________________

Recent eats included lunch with a friend at Jason's Deli! 
You should not be surprised by the salad bar on my plate.


I loved these little babies that I stumbled upon.



It is REALLY hard to find crackers that don't have soy or dairy in them, so these were like a treat for me. PLUS they were organic! Win win!
______________________________________

 I realized it was Cinco De Mayo at about 4pm yesterday. At which point I was WAY too lazy to get up and make myself a real meal. I am too embarrassed to even show you what I DID eat. It did not look very appetizing but it did the trick.

Ben celebrated for us with chicken quesdillas. He is a master on that George Foreman I tell ya.


BUT, here is a photo of me and an iguana. Festive right?

___________________________________

Have you had to spend holidays apart from your other half???
Tell me it's not that bad. It will make me stronger right?

Would you have held that iguana?
HECK no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive