Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recipe Remix

This is the REMIX!
(In my head I say that totally ganster style.)

A while ago I posted these Oil-Free Oatmeal Cookies, which I LOVED.


I think they are pretty fabulous. I mean really, you could eat a couple for breakfast and not feel bad about it.

I decided to remix the recipe and put it to use as a cobbler-ish/apple crisp type topping.

BEST.IDEA.

I chopped up a few apples and sprinkled them with cinnamon...


 And then layered the whole thing with the cookie dough
I used craisins in my recipe and sprinkles some walnuts on top.


 Then tossed it in the oven on 350 degrees till the apples were nice and soft and cookie topping was baked. That took about 30 mins for me.


It was SO good. Perfect amount of sweetness. 

You could even throw a little Cool Whip on top of your serving and take it to the next level.

The great part is that you can adjust the cookie/apple ratio to whatever you are feeling. You can choose your own adventure.

Really just want an excuse to eat cookies and not feel bad? Easy on the apples.

Want more apples? Cut the cookie recipe in half.

Easy peasy.

_______________________________________

What recipes have you remixed that has made them even better!?!

If you have an AMAZING recipe, please send it my way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive