Thursday, May 12, 2011

On the Road

Our bags are packed, we are ready to go!


We are driving down the road to Kansas as we speak, road trip!

My father-in-law has finished his PhD and we are traveling out for his graduation! Way to go Vance!


The In-laws are amazing at ALWAYS coming to all the graduations out here, so you better believe we weren't going to miss this.

5 of us have SMASHED in the car and are excited for a little weekend getaway. Half of it MIGHT be spent driving... but we are getting out of town non the less. I'll take it!


Family time! Party time! Woo woo!
____________________________________

Recent quick meals included...

Eggs and Spaghetti Squash Hash browns. I LOVE these hash browns. I will talk more about the miracles of spaghetti squash later.


And a Tuna Salad SALAD for Ben. Yes I meant to say "salad" twice.
It was topped with crushed Ritz crackers and balsamic vinegar. Can you tell I am on a pantry cleanse?


______________________________________

Do you like road trips?
I kinda do! They remind me of when I was young and spending time with family. There is something fun about hitting the road and listening to tunes. Oh... and eating fun snacks of course. 

What is the farthest you have ever road tripped?

A few years ago we drove to Washington for Christmas and we drove through a crazy blizzard. Normally would have taken us about 13 hours but it ended up taking an even 24. That was NON-STOP mind you. I almost didn't make it. Mentally.


What is your favorite healthy road trip snack???
I have packed the usual apples, carrots, nuts etc. Do you have any other good ideas for me???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive