Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It runs in the family

WORKOUT:
45 min weights - back/chest/biceps
10 min abs
60 min yoga - later tonight

I really love when people make it a priority to be there for other family members. Being supportive and making sure you are always at things like graduations, weddings, family get togethers and special events (cough cough... like marathons), is so important! It means a LOT to me when I get support like that from friends and family and I am so happy we were able to come see Vance graduate with his PhD and be there for them!


Congrats to Christine too! Graduations are never just about the one person, I think the spouse works just as hard helping them get through it. An awesome accomplishment for them both!


Now what runs in the family you ask? The love of ice cream. Especially these two.


I don't think I have been to an in-law get together without ice cream. It is just how they do it and not a bad thing either. ;) Ben would eat a huge bowl every day if I would let him. Hence why I can't keep it in the fridge for him. He can't not eat it if it is there.


I tasted all the flavors with my eyes and if I had gotten some I think I would have went with the Apple Dapple flavor. Who makes apple ice cream???

Kansas was WINDY while we were there! Holy moly! They assured us it wasn't like that all the time but I am not convinced yet. That wind just wouldn't stop!

It kept blowing...


And blowing!


Basically just don't bother fixing your hair if you are going to leave the house. I felt bad for the graduates because no one could take pictures outside! Unless you wanted them to end up like this...


 ____________________________________

Are you big about going to family occasions? 
That is a lifetime goal for me. I want to make sure I always go to things for my kids and show support to my family and extended family as much as possible. Without family, what is the point right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive