Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marathon Cleaning

WORKOUT:
45 min weights - chest/back/biceps
45 min spin class
5 min abs

I really love that Ben and I can go workout together now! Imagine this... HE went and ran on the treadmill while I did weights. What is the world coming to? Trust me... I was way bummed I wasn't running with him. We both got in a good solid workout out today. BEST way to start the day.



I think I should add to the list of my workout... doing chores ALL DAY LONG!
Really.

I am finally dressed for the day and it is 6pm. It gets to this point and you wonder if a shower is even worth it anymore. Ben promised to take me out on the town though so I figured I would try to look like his wife.

What have we accomplished today?

Weeding, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaned 2 bathrooms, scrubbed a ridiculously dirty tub (my back says ouch), cleaned the kitchen, 2 loads of laundry, ran to the store for Raid, killed bugs with Raid, cooked 2 fresh meals and had a hair client. Phew!

I.Am.Pooped.

We have only TWO more thing to get done before Ben's parents arrive in town early next week. Mow the lawn (Ben's job) and one other thing that Ben promised he would do himself. Actually I made him a deal, I cleaned the bathrooms instead. ;)
_______________________________________

Now for food because I am hungry just sitting here. Here are some recent eats!

First - another winning oatmeal combo. PB & Jelly Oatmeal. 

This combo doesn't photograph too well, but use your imagination tastebuds. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It make so much sense.



Second thing - Spaghetti Squash


I ROASTED these babies up in the oven...


And turned them into Spaghetti Squash Ramen!


A PERFECT healthy mix-up to a childhood classic. Did you eat Ramen when you were little? I did. My mom would always make us put something "healthy" in it like peas, corn, cheese or an egg. This is more of a grownup version and it's EVEN better.

Maybe my favorite part about this dish is that when I served it to Ben I didn't have to explain it to him as all. He just said, "Is this supposed to be like Ramen? Cause it is totally like it." Okay he didn't say totally, I can't remember EXACTLY what he said but he hit it on the nose and liked it. ;)

I sauted a bunch of onions till they were nice and carmely and then whipped up a broth for the soup with lots of seasonings and added the squash and chicken. Then just sprinkled some cilantro on top!

Sometimes we only think to prepare a certain food the same way all the time. It is fun to think out of the box and create something new. Maybe that is why veggies get a bad rap a lot. They are just prepared the same old boring way all the time. So sad. There are so many ways to enjoy them!

________________________________________

Now I need to watch endless movie trailers with Ben until we decide on a movie to see!
This COULD take hours. We can never agree on the same one. Ha!
________________________________________


Do you have a veggie you ALWAYS eat the same old way? Have you done something to mix it up?
Canned green beans are pretty boring in my life right now. Basically I open a can and eat it. I will have to think of a way to spruce those up.

Do you take turns picking movies? How do you decide???
We saw Thor last time, which was good but I feel like it should be girls choice tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive