Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quilting Bee

WORKOUT:
45 min weights
30 min elliptical

Now that you are all clued in on this whole Candida Diet thing, maybe you will notice now that my workouts haven't been as intense lately as they usually are. Remember how I said I was tired a lot? And dare I say it, feel weak sometimes? I eat, don't you worry about that. I think my body is fighting through some things and when you can't have carbs as energy burning up, that changes things for sure. I now realize the full power of carbs! 


Anywho, so don't hate because my workout's haven't been up to par. I FEEL like I am getting just as much of a workout because I am totally spent after doing like 1/2 what I usually do. I am listening to my body and not pushing myself nearly as hard. It just feels weird when you are used to doing a lot more.

I really wanted to go to spin today, in fact I had a bike saved and everything. But by the time class came around, I was spent. Hopefully tomorrow!
____________________________________

Yesterday I headed up to hang out with my mama for the day! Even thought she only lives an hour away from me, it still means I have to plan out a day to make it up there to see her.
I wouldn't MIND if they lived a little closer... hint hint.
I will take what I can get, it's way better than the 15 hour drive I would have to do otherwise. 

My mom LOVES to sew. ESPECIALLY quilt. She is a maniac. She has more fabric than she could probably ever make quilts for.
And she keeps buying more. Addiction. We all have our vices. 

I really admire being able to sew something up and having that skill on hand. I know the basics and can do
household mending but I need to get these skills honed before my mom isn't close by to teach me anymore.
We have done projects together before but I have been wanting to do a project myself and see if I actually know what I am doing. It is hard for my mom to watch me sew without interfering. I can see her fingers ITCHING and just dying to jump in there and do it herself. The woman loves to sew.

We headed to the store and got some fun fabric! It was actually a pretty good steal, I found some bargins.


I ended up paying $24 with enough fabric to make 2 baby quilts. Not bad! That doesn't count the batting and thread... but my madre is hooking me up with that. 


I wanted to start with something SUPER simple incase I ended up being frusterated and wishing I hadn't started the project in the first place.


Wouldn't be the first time that happened... so hence the SMALL baby quilts and the super easy blocks.

Projects are always so much more fun when you have NICE equipment to use! Which may deter me from doing a quilt on my own for a while because it is SO much easier with all my mom's fun toys.

 Sometimes me and the sewing maching still get in fights, but it was pretty well behaved yesterday.


It's ALWAYS the machine. NEVER me.
Okay, so it is not ENTIRELY being done myself.  She sliced and diced that fabric right up! But mostly because she DEFINETLY couldn't handle to watch me do it and she knows she could do it way faster. I needed NO convincing to let her do that.  I may have let her iron a few seams for me too. She WANTED to!


So apparently I got like 3x's as much done as I thought I was going to in one afternoon! So maybe I will be a little more ambitious next time. Better safe that sorry. Better happy than cranky. :)


I always used to tease my mom because she always had threads all over her clothes from sewing. AH!


I really AM becoming my mother!!!
_____________________________________
Do you sew?
Do you make things like quilts and curtains etc or do you make clothes?!?
Do I know you and are you having a baby?
If YES... you MAY be seeing this quilt in a box with your name on it.
Well... I know a LOT of pregnant people, so don't EVERYONE go getting their hopes up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive