Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Burning Buns

WORKOUT:
60 min Power Pump class
4 mile run
Stretching my buns!

The buns are feeling it after yesterdays workout so I will be spending some quality time with them... stretching them out. 


Burning buns DO feel good though. :)

It is so nice to have time at the gym in the morning to chat with friends and not be rushing out the door! I got to visit with Janae AND Julia this morning. Julia, I hope I didn't make you late to class, I had no idea what time it was. :)
_____________________________

I know this sounds ridiculous but there are STILL not enough hours in the day! I know... you are thinking... "You have no job lady!!!" I think I am ridiculous too. I think it will take a while to get out 3 1/2 years worth of pent up "things I want to do" lists.


That's my cute Mama, I have a whole list of things that I just want to do with her.

___________________________

Did anyone hear Christopher McDougall yesterday on Radio West??? Apparently he was in SLC yesterday doing a running clinic and speaking in a bookstore! I am totally bummed I didn't know about it! I would have totally been there. Born to Run is one of the best books I have EVER read. If you are a runner or ever aspire to be one, you  need to read it NOW!


Even though I missed getting to see him, I did really enjoy the radio show. You can check it out here to catch it! It was interesting to hear what he had to say about things post writing the book. I still can't believe Nike hasn't tried to sue him yet and appreciated his focus on FORM and not so much barefoot running. I agree with him that whatever you choose to wear on your feet is up to you. As long as you have correct form, you shouldn't have major problems.

And how fun that Chris gave a HUGE shout out to Runner's Corner! That is totally where I buy all my shoes and go ask them questions! They are the BEST. I send people there ALL the TIME!

 I also think I might have learned something from the show that will help my brother who is struggling with shin splints. Win Win! 

If you listen to it, let me know what you think!
___________________________

Dinner inspiration came from Love Veggies and Yoga. She was teasing me with these amazing photos of her Sweet Potatoe Fries.

My tummy was growling already and I couldn't wait over an hour for them to be ready, so I took matters into my own hands. 


I used yams and sweet potatoes and boiled them in water till them were about 1/2 way done and then threw them on the cookie sheet. I tossed them with olive oil, LOTS of garlic, basil, oregano and s&p.

Then I popped those babies in the oven and broiled them till they were perfection. And they were! I can't resist all the little blackened bits.


I threw some fish in the oven while those were going. More garlic, dijon mustard, and a sliced onion.


Added a little Broccoli Slaw on spinach to that and it was EPIC
SO much flavor and SO GOOD!


Ben was all over this meal. Major wife points.

Best part, took about 40 minutes to do all of it. And then Ben did the dishes. ;)

______________________________

What are you thoughts on barefoot running? Are you a "form fanatic" like me? Or are you all about the barefoot and Vibrams?

Sweet potatoes or yams!?!
Ooo... I may never be able to pick. 
Last night it was all about the yams but sweet potatoes have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive