Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TRX and Socca Pizza

WORKOUT:
6 mile run
60 min elliptical
40 min TRX class

We had a nice run this morning up in the canyon. It was a little windy there but it will be warming up in no time. Summer runs in the canyon are my fav. I think Ben is secretly starting to enjoy running. He said he felt like he could have keep going for another 4 miles. But he did add, "Not that I would WANT to though." Ha. I will get him eventually. :)

Have you ever done TRX before? I have seen people noodling with it at the gym a few times but had never tried it. I went to a class today to see what it was all about. 



It was good! So glad I went! I feel like I could actually use it now without looking like a big dummy and falling all over myself. I really like the whole system of using your own body weight and how the exercises really combine lots of different muscle groups.

My legs were a little tired today and I already got in a good workout before I went to that class... so these babies were pooped. 


But in a good way. :)
___________________________________

Dinner last night was Socca Pizza! I am still honing my socca skills. I have a ways to go... but this meal was VERY encouraging. I had a little trouble keeping the dough in one piece during the cooking process but the finished product was REALLY good.

The crust had the most delightful texture. I guess I would describe it as a delicate crunch?


I cooked the dough in a skillet first and then transfered it into the oven to bake with all the toppings. I put lots of Italian seasoning and garlic in the dough. I would recommend that.

I had mine without any sauce, but lots of tomatoes, spinach, ham and pineapple. And don't forget a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. That is the best part.

I wasn't sure how Ben would like it but he was all about it.

When my plate looked like this...



His already looked like this.


My first socca attempt was less than flavorful but this was great. More socca recipes here I come.

Dessert was a MANGO. Perfect.


 ____________________________________

Have you tried making socca recipes before? 
Do you have any great ones I should try?

Have you tried TRX? What did YOU think?
I think it will be a great way to mix up normal weight routines. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive