Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dean is the MAN

WORKOUT:
40 min weights - back/shoulders/triceps
10 min abs
10 min rolling

Tomorrows workout will be sleeping. Delicious.
_______________________________________

Perfect "do" for dirty hair? Kick it old school with a braid.


I asked Ben if it looked okay, to which after a LONG silence he said, "I'm just taking it all in." 
I don't even know what that means. Ha.
 ________________________________________

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments about the taper post!

Sounds like most of you also have a hard time with taper weeks and making sure to get enough rest and continuing to make healthy eating choices. A break from working can out so easily turn into a BREAK from EVERYTHING. No me gusta.

I LOVED the comment from SeeAliEatSeeAliRun
She said...
"I have THE hardest time taking days off and tapering! The only thing that helps me mentally get through it is understanding that rest and taper days are the result of the VERY HARD WORK that I have done previously leading up to them and that during these days my body is actually getting stronger. All the microscopic tissue damage I caused during my workouts gets repaired and my muscles become stronger on days I rest.

So in my crazy mind rest=stronger! faster! more awesome!!"

So THAT is what I have been telling myself. By taking a rest my legs are getting stronger and faster just sitting here on my behind! I don't even have to do anything!

I have also made a conscious effort this week to be really mindful of my nutrition. Making sure I get lots of protein and being careful with the carbs. Filling my plate with lots of GREENERY
Tomorrow is carb day, so until then.
________________________________________

Dinner last night was as random as ever. 

1 egg & 3 egg whites with garlic, spinach and nutritional yeast... sweet potato pieces with ketchup, lean ground turkey and a bed of lettuce. 

For dessert, I had an apple and 1/2 banana sprinkled in cinnamon and chocolate chips.

 Hunger hit and there was no time to cook.

Then I prepped some extra sweet potato and yam slices for later.
 Then I popped some bubbly...
And settled in to watch Dean. 

Dean Karnazes. THE "Ultra Marathon Man."

Talk about some inspiration. 
 Watch it.

Wanna know the best part about the movie? When Dean is rattling off some of his accomplishments in the film, Ben was saying how Dean and all these amazing people who have overcome major health issues were making him look like a lame-o. He said it ALMOST makes him want to run a marathon. WHAT!?!!!!!!

I remained calm and totally played it cool. :)

_________________________________________

Is anyone running the SLC Marathon?
Wanna meet up and keep me company while I probably shiver in the cold?

__________________________________________

Special thanks to these little babies... for helping me get through this post. I NEEDED a treat.


 ___________________________________________

Have you seen "Ultra Marathon Man"?!
(I now have, and I think the seed for an "ultra" race, has been planted. Someday...)

What do you do before a race 
to get pumped up!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive