Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sneaky Pool Time

WORKOUT:
30 min elliptical
15 min bike
30 min weights - biceps/triceps
15 min abs
40 min rolling with The Stick


Last night I got a sudden urge to go swimming! I threw on my suit and headed to the pool.

 
Yes I am still taking it easy, but they always talk about how swimming is good physical therapy work so I gave it a shot. Plus, I just really wanted to get out of the house and be ACTIVE. I swam for 45 min and it felt great. Swimming makes me feel long and lean. Maybe it is all that stretching and reaching, or just my imagination. Either way, felt GOOD.

Post swimming I snagged a snack.
Banana, PB, agave sandwich.
I made a 1/2 sandwich, isn't that cute? It was pointless though because after I finished I went right back in the kitchen and made myself the OTHER half of the sandwich and ate that too.
Good intentions.

______________________________________

Yesterday I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME by sporting a HUGE party bun on top of my head. 
 Why not right?

PARTY! 2 more days after today!


 I am growing my hair out. I finally feel like I am getting some length. A little more time (aka- more hair) and this "do" will get even better.

________________________________

I listen to audio books at work when I can. I have been listening to "The Help" recently. I am almost done and have really liked it. I started reading the actual BOOK a while ago but ended up putting it down when it didn't grab me right away. Really glad I gave it another try. Plus I like the different readers on the audio version that helps me keep the characters straight. I can be a bit of a mindless reader. :)

A little work time snack of apple and pb.

Worky time lunch of salad.
Romaine, chicken, black beans, mandarin oranges, pineapple, water chestnuts, carrots and a few craisins. 
_____________________________________

After my morning gym time I have been coming home and watching "Chopped" while rolling my legs. It helps me stop looking at the clock and thinking, "How much longer do I have to do this!" How is it that I have PLENTY of motivation to spend hours at the gym or head out the door on a 20 mile run. Easy peasy! But ask me to get off my behind and ice my legs a couple times a day or to remember to roll my legs for more than 5 mins and I am a LAZY slug! 
Go figure.

So I started watching Chopped while I roll my legs. Now I just look at all the yummy food that they are making and wish I could taste all the interesting flavors. Ben was a little inspired after watching with me today. He headed straight into the kitchen to whip up something fancy. I will share his creation with you tomorrow.
 _____________________________________

I saw 2 cute girls at the gym this morning! Janae and Julia! So fun!

Stop by and say hey to them!

Sometimes in my mind I call Janae "Nae-Nae." She doesn't know that, sh!

_____________________________________
 

What shows make you hungry?

Chopped is totally doing it to me. I don't know if this is a good thing. Means I will probably cook fancier food, but I might only be allowed to watch it AFTER I eat lunch.

Do you swim to mix up your workout?

I took a swimming class 2 summers ago so I could complete my first triathlon. I wasn't what you would call a "strong swimmer" prior to that. Not because I was weak but because I had no idea what I was doing. Love being able to go to the pool for an actual "workout" and not just to float around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive